Friday, December 4, 2009

Sad to leave Nepal

Nepal has been the definition of adventure for the past month. I started by arriving in Kathmandu to organize my grand trek to Everest Base Camp which was a fantastic success, after 9 days of trekking and an extra rest day to cope with the altitude (not to mention Diamox) I made it to the top of Kala Patar and then off to E.B.C. Walking into a dream long harbored in my heart was an experience I'd not had, and one I'm not going to forget. Ive also done a touch of white water rafting, mountain biking, and chilling out in villages to explore the countryside further by dayhiking. All in all I'm sad to leave Nepal, although Tibet will be great to see, this is the last of my hiking or anything outdoorsy really for some time. Mongolia awaits, but its averaging -20 so theres going to be alot of curled up nights reading and watching movies, alongside my Mongolian language studies and work of course. Its been a good trip, I've grown alot over these past days but look forward to what the future offers. Further on by train is the only way for me from here, I've still got alot of Asia to cross in the coming days!

No comments:

Post a Comment